Friday, June 19, 2009

Green Jay for June Photo-a-day


Although this digi-binned photo doesn't show all the wonderful gaudy colors which places this beautiful bird high on many a birder's 'need to see' list (and rightly so) I feel that it certainly conveys their attitude.
I took this photo on my first trip to the Rio Grande Valley in November 2005. My friend Kurk and I flew down for a few quick days of birding, and we just happened to be there at the same time as the Rio Grande Valley Bird Festival, although we didn't participate. I've been intrigued by the festival ever since that time though, and this year it looks like Pam and I are going to go.

I've been thinking about it quite a bit latey, because the web site for the festival has been recently updated, and they've developed a twitter and a facebook presence.

Have you been? Any suggestions on which trips you thought were best?
AND
Are you planning on going this year?