Monday, May 4, 2009

Bird Photography Weekly #36

And the "answer" to my quiz bird of the previous post.

American Woodcock - Scolopax minor

I wish that I could say that I spotted this little camouflaged guy using my superior observation skills, but the truth was that he walked across the road in front of us while we were on Parker River NWR on Saturday. It was a beautiful day to be out, and I hope to be able to pull together a post with more pics this evening about the rest of the day.


BTW, Corey over at 10,000 Birds answered this one in within a few hours of my posting it, so he reigns as king of identifying bird butts in my book. We won't spend too much time thinking about how he is so intimately familiar with the business end of our feathered friends.



To see some great bird photos from around the world, check out: