Monday, February 25, 2008

Indoor Birding at the MOS

Didn't get out birding this weekend - well, not in the traditional sense at least.

On Saturday, Pamela's sister and nieces came up for a visit. Our original plan was to grab some lunch, then go to the NE Aquarium (I was prepared to spend a lot of time watching the penguins) but the line was so incredibly long that we decided to skip it and go instead to the Museum of Science. I managed to get my bird 'fix' at the "A Bird's World" exhibit that they have there.
I've been before, but always enjoy seeing the display. (Especially because some years ago I worked on printing the backgrounds for the display cases of the exhibit.) They also have specimens of some extinct birds, including an Ivory-billed Woodpecker which I've spent a good deal of time examining through the glass, and Heath Hen & Labrador Duck. Of course, I enjoyed the rest of the museum too. This is the first time I have been there since our friend Paul started working there, and I am even more jealous than I was before.

The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning up around the homestead and preparing to head out to California later this week for Nuttall's Woodpecker, Yellow-billed Magpie, and much more...