Thursday, May 8, 2008

Migration has arrived...

...and I'm missing out! The weather has been beautiful and the reports are coming in fast and furious, and I have been stuck in the office for the last several days starting at 6:30am, and not even getting out for a lunch break. I've been getting out pretty late most days also, so rather than getting to see some birds then, I'm sitting in traffic sucking exhaust fumes, or better yet, sitting in a dentist chair for two hours while having a crown done.
My big plan was to get out this weekend and bird Mt. Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge both days, but the weather reports so far are predicting rain and temps in the 40's to low 50's, so we'll see what happens.

SO, while everyone else is posting beautiful photos of spring warblers, orioles, tanangers, etc, I was going to post a photo I got a few weeks ago of a Flicker that I rather like...
BUT blogger seems to be having a few problems at the moment and I can't even do that!

Ever have one of those weeks where nothing seems to go your way?