Thursday, June 19, 2008

More on the Mississippi Kites in Newmarket NH

I noticed that a lot of the hits I've had for the last few days have come from people "googling" these birds. So I decided that, as a service to my readers, I am going to post a bunch of links to photos that people have uploaded in the last 5 days or so. (Note that these photos are much better than what I posted here!)
I imagine that there will be many more to come, as these birds look like they will be around for a while, but here is what has been posted so far:

Ben Griffith and Charlie Wright were the first to spot the birds this past week, and they did a great job getting the word out. Ben got a few photos and posted them here.
Steve Mirick posted a great map of the area showing where the birds were seen here.
My buddy Len Medlock got some shots on the 15th posted here.
Scott Young posted photos from 6/15 here.
Joe Sutherland's photos from 6/16 are here.
My friend Jason Forbes posted some of his photos from 6/17 here.
Scott Spangenberg posted 21 photos starting here.
Jon Winslow of Dover, NH posted a few shots here.
Chet Farwell, also from Dover, NH posted some photos here.
Ian Davies' photos from 6/18 are here. (this one and the next two)

I apologize to anyone who has posted photos to either Massbird or NH Birds that I might have missed. It is not an editorial call on my part, just a mistake! Shoot me an e-mail and I'll add your link to the above list.