Monday, April 20, 2009

Bird Photography Weekly #34




Elf Owl - Micrathene whitneyi

We had a great weekend birding, and got a few 'good' photos (most of which are on my previous post from Saturday) but haven't had a chance to even look if anything I took on Sunday came out that I could've used for my BPW post. Instead I decided to look and see what I had from previous years from this date, and although these weren't taken on the 20th, they were taken during a birding trip that I was on last year at this time in Big Bend National Park. We heard this little guy the night before and decided to chack back the next day to see if we could see him. Lo and behold, not only did he pop his face into the hole while we were looking, he preceeded to come out for a few minutes to stretch his wings and look around!




To see more great bird photos from around the world, check out: