Monday, February 15, 2010

Forgotten Post

Bloggers - did you ever have something that you meant to post about, only to realize months later that you never did?  This is one of those posts.  You see, back in November of last year, I received an e-mail from a guy named Dan Kirk in California that was interested in using one of my photos for a CD he was putting together.  The CD was a recoding that he made one spring morning of the birdsong when he had lived in Massachusetts.  I was quite flattered that he found one of my photos good enough use for something like this, and of course granted him permission to use the photo he wanted.  He sent me a copy of the CD some time ago, and I often have it playing in the background when at work, as it is a nice reminder of a Massachusetts Dawn Chorus - especially in the colder darker days of a New England winter.


By all means check it out - the quality is pretty good, it's pretty inexpensive ($10 incl shipping) and it makes for nice 'environmental' sound.

Oh, and in case you are wondering about the title... (and I should admit that this took me a while to figure out) the recording was done in Bedford, MA. And as any Massachusetts native will tell you - the locals pronounce it "Beffa." Even at 13 years in New England - I still can't get this MA accent down!