Thursday, December 11, 2008

My first Meme - top five desired life birds

I've never been tagged for a meme before, but there is currently one going around asking for your top five desired life birds. Boy howdy, that is not an easy one! My first thought was leaning towards ABA area birds. This has always been the 'big' list for me as I have not yet done any international traveling. But if I am to be honest, my top five life birds are probably going to be beyond the ABA border. (And we are starting to travel beyond the US, so I am starting to think more about world birds.)
So I am going to post two lists, and maybe this will start a new meme. Leave me a comment if you pick-up on this meme - I'd love to see what is on other people's lists!

For my life list:
1. Magellanic Woodpecker
2. Red-and-yellow Barbet
3. Lilac-breasted Roller
4. Grey-crowned Crane
5. Superb Fruit Dove

For my ABA list:
1. Gyrfalcon (preferably a nice white one, but I won't be too picky)
2. Tufted Puffin
3. Bluethroat
4. Spectacled Eider
5. Flammulated Owl

And of course, my top dream bird would be Ivory-billed Woodpecker (one can always hope).

And if you really want to know the reason why Magellanic Woodpecker is #1 on my life list, watch my hero in action here from "The Life of Birds."