Wednesday, December 31, 2008

One-year Blogoversary

A little earlier today, I realized that this is the first anniversary of the Picus Blog. Well... kinda.
It's actually the anniversary of when I started posting to it regularly. You see, I really started it in January 2007, setting up the page and making the initial post (including a piece I wrote for a newsletter a few years ago to introduce myself.) Then, nothing for almost a year. Last December 31st, in a sort of New Year's Resolution, I thought I'd make another try at it. Low and behold, I actually stuck with it this time, posting 179 times in my first year or blogging, although frankly I feel that much of it was lacking in the way of substance. But, I've had a great time at it and have every intention of keeping it up again this year, will try to post some more thoughtful writing, and maybe start making it a bit more personal as well, including more than just bird and birding-related posts. (No promises though.)
Frankly, one of the best aspects of keeping up with this (and I am quite confident that many bloggers would agree), is the people that I have met through blogging. Via comments and links, as well as social networking sites like "twitter", I have learned about a lot of other fantastic blogs, but more importantly I have met a lot of you, and am thankful for the friendships that are developing through it.
So, thank you all for visiting (and especially to those of you that come by regularly) and for leaving the kind and encouraging comments. You are a great group of people, and have really made me glad that I tried to carve a little space out of the blogosphere for myself.

And, since this will likely be my last post of 2008, I want to take this quick moment to wish you all a very happy, healthy, and safe new year.

Cheers!