Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bird Photography Weekly #24

Mystery Bird (to be identified in a few days)
Blue-crowned Motmot, Momotus momota

This is going to be a rough week for blogging. I am a day behind in my Bird Photography Weekly post because our travel plans went awry. The snafu was caused by a plane that just kept continuing having problems and we wound up getting home a full day later than planned - so we didn't have a day to recover, enter sightings into the database, review photos, etc. before heading back to work like we had planed. I don't expect anybody to feel sorry for us though - we had a great vacation, and the problems were only on the return.

Back to this week's BPW. Since I wasn't really prepared for it, I am simply going to upload a quick "digiscoped" pic from my little pocket point-and-shoot camera, and see if anybody can guess what it is.



To see more bird photos, check out: