Thursday, February 12, 2009

Please stay tuned...


A lot of people have been asking about our recent trip to Trinidad & Tobago, and I promise I will start posting about it soon. This week has been a little hectic as we got home a day later than planned and have been playing catch-up since. (Also, I may have some other exciting news, but cannot say anything about it until at least tomorrow.)
Hopefully this evening I can sit down with my hastily scrawled notes, my memory, and all the photos and coalesce it into a trip report - and in doing so will also start posting about the trip.
In the meantime I have been playing with the 1800 or so photos that I came home with and have started posting them at my pBase gallery here.

I can say that, having never visited the neotropics before, this was really an amazing first time trip for a birder, and would be so for anybody with an appreciation for nature. My head is still spinning with the number and variety of species we encountered. A first rough count I believe put the trip list at about 135 species, and about 95 of which were 'lifers' for me. (I'm still in the throes of debate about counting 'heard-only' birds too)