Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Some photos of Birds from Alaska

It just recently occurred to me that, although I talked a bit about the birds that we saw in Alaska, I haven't really posted any photos yet. There is good reason, in that that I don't feel that I got any really good ones - it was dark and wet most of the time so the images are very "noisy" and many are slightly out of focus. OR they are rather distant, and I know what they were and they serve as a good reminder of the birds we did see, but they are nothing to really show off.
Now that I have made that disclaimer, here are a few that are mediocre at best...

My 'life' Spruce Grouse


A Black-legged Kittiwake


A Pelagic Cormorant


A Glaucous-winged Gull


Another Glaucous-winged Gull


American Bald Eagles


My 'life' Wandering Tattler


Mew Gull


My 'life' Fork-tailed Storm-petrel