Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bloggerhead Kingbirds at the Superbowl of Birding

The Bloggerhead Kingbirds

Logo created by Birdorable.com


Well folks, it is all over and done. Full reports will be following on this, and all my teammates blogs soon.

But for now, I can tell you that out of 21 teams that competed this year, we placed 4th for number of species (we got 72) and 6th for point (we got 136). Not too shabby, eh?
(And we didn't lose anybody or any body parts to the cold - trust me, there were a few times when that was a possibility!)

Most importantly, and I think I can speak for the whole team - we had a blast!

As I said, over the next several days there will be more to follow - photos, strategies, blow-by-blow analysis, etc, so stay tuned. And don't forget to check out the various rantings writing from my teammates:
Patrick from the Hawk Owl's Nest
Corey from 10,000 Birds
Quintus from the Owl Box Blog
Nathan from The Drinking Bird