Saturday, January 31, 2009

Last "live" post for about a week.

At this time tomorrow, Pam and I will be escaping this particularly cold and snowy New England winter for a slightly warmer climate - our destination? Trinidad & Tobago. I have been dreaming about going there for years and years, and that dream is about to come true. We will be spending 4 nights at the famous Asa Wright Nature Centre & Lodge in Trinidad, then 3 nights at the Blue Waters Inn in Tobago. We booked the trip through Caligo Ventures, which is the only way to get there from the US, and we've happy with the way everything has gone so far. (If you want to get a idea of what we will be experiencing, check this out) This will be my first time birding outside of the ABA area and even though I have been studying field guides for weeks, I know that it is going to be more than a bit overwhelming. I fully expect to be able to share lots of photos and reports upon my return, but in the meantime, I have scheduled a few posts to the blog while I am away, and will update from T&T if the opportunity presents itself.