Thursday, January 22, 2009

Superbowl of Birding - pre-game thoughts

The Bloggerhead Kingbirds

Logo created by Birdorable.com

With the rest of the team comming to town tomorrow, I decided to spend the day doing a "dry run" of the route that I was thinking of taking on Saturday's competition. I'm glad I did, because it looks like we're simply not going to have enough time to go to all the places I planned on - and some of the places we are going, we can't spend too much time. So, I know your going to ask how I did now, right? Well, I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but not badly. I identified 61 species that were worth a total of 100 points. With an additional 4 sets of eyes, and a refined plan, we're certainly going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Now I need to sit down with my notes, the latest local reports, and revise the plan.

Thanks to all for the support and well wishes. We're looking forward to the competiton and blogging all about it!