Monday, August 10, 2009

Bird Photography Weekly #50



Scissor-tailed Flycatcher (Tyrannus forficatus)


Again, I am going back into the archives for this week's edition of BPW. Pamela and I have recently sent i our registration materials for the Rio Grande Valley Bird Festival (the first birding festival I've ever attended) and so I've been spending a lot of time daydreaming about the birds of the area. The first time that I went to the RGV (with my buddy Kurk a few years back) this was one of my biggest target barids, and I'm quite excited to have the opportunity to see them again.

By the way, his week is the 50th Bird Photography Weekly. Congratulations and thanks to Eddie of the Birdfreak Blog, who started and maintains this weekly collection of wonderful bird photography from around the world. I may not get the chance to comment on all the blogs that participate each week, but I really enjoy the fantastic collection of bird photos that this gathers.



To see some great bird photos from around the world, check out: