Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Off to Texas - maybe...

I was hoping that this post would say that I wouldn't be blogging for the next 10 days or so as Paul, Diana, Pamela and myself were supposed to fly out of Boston tomorrow to San Antonio to begin our birding trip to the Edwards Plateau and Big Bend. Unfortunately, I was notified by American Airlines at about 5pm today that we were going to get screwed along with thousands of others - in other words, that our flight had been cancelled. I'm not going to go into the whys and wherefores of it right now because I am still fuming about it. (grrrrr)

Diana and I both immediately called the customer service number that they supplied on the message, and after being disconnected 4 times by an automated answering service that I am sure was flooded with calls, I got Pam and I re-booked onto a flight going out at 7:30 Friday morning. Diana managed to do the same for her and Paul. Now we keep our fingers crossed that Friday's flight doesn't get caught up in in this and that we can start our vacation then.


Wish us luck.