Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bird Blogger/Twitterer/Chirper Field Trip - update 2

Well, we are a little over two weeks away from our Bird Blogger/Twitterer/Chirper field trip, and we've got lots of great interest. Here is what I suggest for the day:

Meeting place: the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge visitor center at 6 Plum Island Turnpike in Newburyport , MA. (It is directly across the road from the Massachusetts Audubon building.) Directions and information can be found here.
Meeting time: 8:00am on Saturday, June 13th

We'll start out by birding the refuge for the first part of the day. (And blogger/twitterer and Plover-warden Janet will be working on the refuge that morning, so we'll visit with her too, and she can join us for the rest of the day when her shift is over.) I expect that we will remain on the refuge until at least noon. And then it seems like many people are interested in seeing the Mississippi Kites that have returned to southern NH, as well as sharp-tailed sparrows (both species are possible), all of which are only about a half an hour away. (And we can catch up with blogger/chirper Laurie) We'll see where the day brings us.

I would suggest bringing drinks and snacks or a sandwich. If needed there are places we can stop to pick up a quick bite.

Oh - and don't forget to bring you bins, cameras, sketching materials, etc.

And I'm still thinking that (if people are interested) we can also do a Sunday morning trip to Mt. Auburn Cemetery for anybody interested.

I know that originally I asked that people interested leave me a comment, but as the group is growing I'd like to ask that if you are interested in joining us (and we'd love to have you!) please e-mail me and let me know.
Also, please feel free to e-mail me with questions, comments, suggestions, etc!!!


PS - I know that there will be a few of you that will be travelling a bit to get here. (Bev, I looking at you - Catherine you still up for it? Anybody else?) I'll presume that you'll be coming in on Friday night. Let me know if you think you'll leave Saturday afternoon/evening or Sunday. Also, I'll do everything I can to help find accommodations.

I think that's it for this update. Stay tuned, I am sure that there will be more...