Friday, June 26, 2009

Red-tailed Hawk for June Photo-a-Day


When I set this challenge to myself to post at least one photo a day for the month, I (with a little hesitation) thought to myself "I've taken a lot of photos, I should be able to do this." And I do have quite a few photos, but honestly, it has been pretty challenging to find at least one photo each day that I think people might find interesting - and especially one that I haven't posted before. Take this red-tail for instance. I'm pretty sure that I have not posted it yet, but I had to think long and hard over whether or not I did. (and I'm still not 100% sure, but I can't seem to find it in posts from the time when I took it) I also thought that I'd get out birding a lot more this month. Unfortunately, with the weather the way it's been, we really haven't been out as much, so my June photos haven't been racking up the way they'd been for the previous few months.

Special props go to Steve Ingraham who does this EVERY day (not just in June!) at his Pic of the Day site.

Anyway, just four more days to go (and for 3 of those days I'll be away on vacation) so I'm going to have to buckle down tonight or tomorrow and decide on what they are going to be.