Saturday, June 6, 2009

Great Blue Heron for June Photo-a-Day

Yesterday after work, I stopped by Horn Pond for a few minutes. The highlight of this short trip was a Great Blue Heron that was in one of the shallow streams.

I was ahead of him and since he was heading in my direction, I decided to just try to keep still and see how close he would come. He took his time, with that slow careful, steady gait that these stately birds are known for.

I don't have children, but I think I now know the frustration of parents that want to get a nice photo of their child and all that they do is make faces. (Yes, I was one of those children)

And just to prove it wasn't just a single shot that this "stately" bird decided to stick his tongue out at me:

Finally he had enough of "entertaining" me and headed off to find somebody else to amuse.